How does our complex/estate recycling collection service work?
There are a number of different options when it comes to recycling within a complex/estate and we can also custom design a recycling solution for your complex/estate. We have listed three of the main options below. If your complex/estate does not want to sign up as a whole we are happy to collect recycling from individual houses within the complex/estate.
OPTION 1 – Collection of recycling in refuse bags
- We provide each unit with 10 blue recycling refuse bags on the first collection day of every month;
- All of the recyclables (paper, cardboard, certain plastics, glass, cans and cartons such as Tetra Pak) can all be placed in the same blue recycling refuse bags- Hawk Flight take care of the sorting. We also collect electronic waste- anything with a plug, however we do not collect batteries and light bulbs.
- One of the benefits of making use of our recycling collection service is that residents do not have to sort your recycling into different bags i.e. all of the recycling can be placed into one blue recycling refuse bag.
- Residents can place their recycling outside their home for collection every week on the designated recycling collection day and our team will collect it.
OPTION 2 – Collection of recycling from wheelie bins
- The complex/estate can purchase Whole Earth Recycling wheelie bins (a number of units can share a bin) or, if the Estate has existing wheelie bins that they would like to use we can just provide you with Whole Earth Recycling stickers at a nominal cost i.e. there is no need to purchase extra bins for recycling.
- Whole Earth Recycling will provide you with 10 blue recycling refuse bags per bin on a monthly basis. Extra bags can be purchased at R 11.00 per roll of 10 blue bags.
- All of the recyclables (paper, cardboard, certain plastics, glass, cans and cartons such as Tetra Pak) can all be placed in the same recycling wheelie bins- Hawk Flight take care of the sorting. We also collect electronic waste- anything with a plug, however we do not collect batteries and light bulbs.
- One of the benefits of making use of our recycling collection service is that residents do not have to sort your recycling into different bins i.e. all of the recycling can be placed into one recycling wheelie bin, however the contents of the wheelie bins must be in blue recycling refuse bags or blue wheelie bin liners for collection purposes.
- Whole Earth Recycling will empty your wheelie bins every week on your designated recycling collection day.
- Cardboard can be flattened and placed next to your wheelie bin if it is too bulky. There is no additional charge for this collection.
- We collect your recycling from wheelie bins left at a designated collection point (usually in the existing waste area). We ask that all of the recycling is taken to these points so that it can be easily accessed by our collection team.
OPTION 3 – On site waste management
- We provide the complex/estate with one or more on site sorters on designated days of the week or every day of the week, depending on what is required.
- The sorter(s) will remove all of the recyclables (paper, cardboard, certain plastics, glass, cans and cartons such as Tetra Pak and electronic waste- anything with a plug) that they are able to remove from the wheelie bins before they are emptied into the waste compactor or placed outside for the general municipal refuse collection.
- The recyclables will be sorted into different categories and placed into bulk bags in preparation for a weekly or more frequent collection – they will be collected when they are full.
How does my complex/estate sign up for Whole Earth Recycling’s complex/estate recycling collection service?
Click here to learn more
Please note that:
- There is a once off registration fee of R 165.00
- We require one month paid notice if you wish to cancel our recycling collection service.
- Our prices increase annually in March in line with our financial year, regardless of when you start making use of our recycling collection service.
- We do not provide refunds so please ensure that you do not pay for a few months in advance if you are going to cancel the service before the end of this period.
- We do not carry out collections on public holidays. In this case please keep your recycling until the following week and we will collect everything then.
- We do not carry out collections during the week or two at the end of the year when our teams go home to spend time with their families.
Please Contact Us for a quote and to find out when your recycling collection day would be Or Alternatively email us at